Sepp Blatter, facing a criminal investigation as part of soccer’s corruption scandal, will “definitely not” stay on as president of the FIFA governing body after the election of a new leader in February, his daughter said.
His former public relations adviser, Klaus Stoehlker, said last week that Blatter had not ruled out trying to stay on as head of world soccer beyond the February 26 vote. But Corinne Blatter-Andenmatten said in an interview published by Swiss newspaper, Blick am Sonntag, yesterday there was “no way” he would continue, and at some point he would publish his memoirs.
“I know he wants to quit, and he will do it,” she said.
Major soccer sponsors on Friday issued coordinated calls for the immediate resignation of Blatter, who is being investigated by the Swiss on suspicion of criminal mismanagement and misappropriation of funds.
Labels: news, Sports